Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Oatmeal-Raisin-Chocolate Chip Cookies

 I was asking Tom what sweet he wanted this week and he said "cookies are always good".

 "What kind?" I asked.

 That's when he told me his step-mother, Clara, made incredible oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. I found a recipe that adds raisins (click here) and decided to try it. Quite good ... and easy, too.

 I post these recipe links mostly so that I can go back in the future and make baked goods again without having to keep track of where I put the recipe.


 The batter for this cookie is stiffer than most. I almost figured I had forgotten to add something. But the recipe is perfect as is. It made 46 cookies of the size shown.


 I almost never follow directions. I just melted the butter in a bowl and began adding the ingredients. I saved the flour, oatmeal and chocolate morsels for last (the liquid ingredients mix better that way).

 I always use a small ice cream scoop to place the batter on a cookie sheet. I just adjust the amount I scoop to make larger or smaller cookies.

 I've had friends tell me that this would be a good recipe to substitute butterscotch morsels for the chocolate ones.









No comments:

Post a Comment