Monday, June 6, 2022

Corn Casserole

  I was looking to make scalloped corn (Mom made a wonderful version that she made with crushed saltine crackers). But then I came across a recipe for "Awesome and Easy Creamy Corn Casserole". The recipe is here.

 I do believe this is one of my all-time favorites!

 It's described as "a cross between corn soufflé and a slightly sweet corn pudding". Whatever you call it, it's delicious.


 Its very simple and made in a single bowl. I melted the butter in the microwave, added the eggs and sugar and then the sour cream. I used canned creamed corn but I cooked frozen whole kernel corn for a fresh twist.

 The addition of a small box of Jiffy dry corn bread mix is the clincher. It adds the body and texture and probably adds some loft as it bakes.


 Here's the mixture ready to be poured into the greased baking dish. I don't have a 9x9" so I used an 8x8". Perfect.


 I baked for the full 45 minutes and then tested for doneness with a toothpick. I then added the broiler on high for a couple of minutes to brown the top.


 This is surely going to  be a standard dish at Pinehaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment