Monday, July 20, 2026

Canadian Wildfires

  I hadn't noticed smoke in Farmersville but on Friday, when we went to the YMCA, Dayton was heavily  shrouded in haze. We mowed yesterday so I was out in the open air for some hours and never noticed anything unusual.

 Yesterday the AQI peaked at 156 between 8 am and 9 am. [Credit: IQAir]

 I decided to watch the sunset last evening as sometimes the deep reds give away the status of the atmosphere. Here is what I saw:


 What's going on with the wildfires in Canada? Here's Google's response to the query: "Over 850 active wildfires are currently burning across Canada, with the vast majority out of control. The largest and most severe clusters are located in Northwestern Ontario (near the Minnesota border) and Quebec, along with significant fire activity in British Columbia, the Northwest Territories, and Alberta." [Source: IQAir et al]

This map shows the location of the many fires:

Credit: aljazeera.com

 Tomorrow we have rain predicted and that should give us a break, however brief, from the haze.





No comments:

Post a Comment