Friday, September 17, 2021

Captured a Meteor on Video

[Clipart]

  I had not reviewed all the video I saved from the Wyze cam on the night of 09/02/21. I posted a clip here but I've never reviewed the captured footage from the rest of the night. When a friend of mine in Arkansas made a nice capture of a meteor last night, I thought it wise to check my recordings.

 Turns out the Wyze captured a number of meteors, This one was the best. It was recorded at 3:41 AM and the meteor can be see entering the frame from the upper right at the 17 second mark.


 This proves that the camera can capture a meteor quote well and should be of great use during a meteor shower..

 I reviewed all four hours of the footage I saved (though I had the camera running all through the night) and found other streaks of light but none so clear as this one. There were also a great many satellites. At one point there were two almost on each other's tail That was probably part of SpaceX's Starlink Internet service. Those satellites are launched in batches and cluster together until they're spread out.

 I also noted a number of airplanes. They're unmistakable by their steadily flashing white and red lights.

Later: I have just reviewed the final hour of the recording (from 4 AM - 5 AM) and I've counted 10 meteors in  that time frame. I'll post them here:

Meteor at 04:00:51

Meteors at 04:07:30 and 04:07:33

Meteor at 04:08:54

Meteor at 04:13:53

Meteor at 04:25:39

Meteor at 04:34:53 - The Best of the lot?

Meteor at 04:47:10

Meteor at 04:53:29

Meteor at 04:55:56






No comments:

Post a Comment