Sunday, February 13, 2022

Amish Cobblestone Coffee Cake (remake)

  I've made it before and I loved it so when I needed a baked good to repay some neighbors I made another Amish Cobblestone  Coffee Cake. Actually I've told everyone it's "Cherrystone" and that's even what I have written on my recipe.

 To see how I made it the first time click here. A link to the recipe is there also.


 I had one friend  tell me that more cherry would be good. Most of the 21 ounces is inside the cake so there's really quite a bit as is. We also talked about adding blueberry - or even only blueberry - but  both are experiments I haven't tried.


 There's no doubt where the cobblestone description  comes from. Half the  batter goes on the bottom, then all the cherry pie filling is spread atop it. Finally, the rest of the batter is spooned in clumps atop.


 I do think the icing recipe produces more than is needed. I may cut back on that in the future.


 Here's a side view of a slice showing  the cherry buried inside the cake.

  By the  way, I baked this the entire 35 minutes and I did use a metal pan. Unlike the recipe, I used a 9x13" pan and not the suggested 10x15".

 This is an easy treat. I'm not quite sure why they call is a coffee cake because it is just a standard cake batter. But it is certainly a delicious treat.




No comments:

Post a Comment