Thursday, February 24, 2022

Amelia's Milk Pie (again)

  I've made my great-grandmother's Milk Pie twice before and found it an easy  and delicious dessert. And it's certainly one you never hear about. What happened to all the old-time recipes?

 The original recipe is posted here. And my second bake of this recipe is posted here.


 I've made two minor changes. 1. This recipe fits into ONE deep dish pie crust. It's much better to have one thicker slice of pie than thinner ones. 2. I left the pie in the full hour this time and found it perfectly done.



 I usually cut pies into six pieces but Tom and I are both trying to  watch calories (fat chance that's going to work). So I cut this one into 8 slices.

 I tasted it as I plated it. Absolutely exceptional!






No comments:

Post a Comment