Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Basic Cheesecake

  Tom has a friend invited tomorrow and I asked him if he wanted me to make something. "Cheesecake" was his response. I've only made one other cheesecake and that was several year ago. Check it out here.

 This time I wanted to make a basic cheesecake but one with a graham cracker crust. My go-to place for recipes is allrecipes.com because I find they have everything I'm looking for, the recipes invariably work and their print command uses far less paper than many sites.

 Their Basic Cheesecake can be found here.

 


 This cheesecake, like all of them, is a very high calorie dessert. In fact they suggest slicing the finished cake into 16 slices. They're 375 calories each. That puts the entire 9" cheesecake at 6000 calories. But who's counting?



 I made the crust in a metal bowl (I melted the butter in the microwave separately and then added it).


 The amount of crust is just perfect for a 9" springform pan. I evenly distributed it and pressed it down lightly. Then I baked it at 350° for 10 minutes. I let this cool before adding the cheesecake batter.


 As before, I wrapped the bottom of the springform pan with foil, anticipating some leakage. There was some but it was very minor and wouldn't have required the foil. I also sat this in a standard splatter guard for further protection (that would have been enough).


 The completed cheesecake is perfectly browned. I left it in the oven about 1:05 and tested it in both the center  and an edge. There was nothing sticking to the tester.


 This is a delicious New York style cheesecake. It's about 2" thick and a delight to serve. Delicious!






No comments:

Post a Comment