Sunday, May 29, 2022

Ultimate Butter Pound Cake

  With a little leftover blueberry pie filling from the cheesecake I just made, what to do with it became my task. I wondered if there was a quick cake that could be made in a single loaf pan? Allrecipes basic pound cake seemed the one to try.

 The recipe is here.


 Rarely do I make recipes without modification but I made this one with the ingredients noted. My only change was making it entirely by hand, in a bowl and with a spoon. I added the ingredients in recipe order and certainly didn't bother with the "one egg at a time" instruction.

 Electric beaters are just not necessary for such as this. Stir!


 The pound cake rose beautifully and filled the loaf pan in the 45 minutes suggested. I tested it with a cake tester (not a toothpick) and found it perfectly done.

 I do wonder whether the parchment liner is necessary?  The cake is quite moist and came away from the paper so easily that I wonder if it would have stuck in a greased pan.


 I love how the top bubbled a bit, the gas poking tiny holes in the cake.


 The paper peeled away without sticking at all. It was like unwrapping a blanket from a newborn baby.


 Here's an end-on view after removing two slices for lunch. The cake is a nice vanilla flavor and dense enough not to fall apart while cutting. The bottom was lightly browned.

 I added a spoonful of blueberry pie filling to each slice and then  dusted them slightly with powdered sugar. This is an easy recipe and appears to be foolproof.




No comments:

Post a Comment