Saturday, August 21, 2021

Bear Lake Postcards

  When Tom and I were in Bear Lake in  mid-July, Fred and Joellyn Bashford showed me an album of vintage Bear Lake postcards they collect. Needless to say I was impressed by the old views of that quaint  village, the site of so many of my own warm childhood memories. One of the postcards appears to date to 1907  and at least two others to 1910. So the wonderful views they've preserved date back well over a century.

 Joellyn said when they returned home briefly to Miamisburg in August they'd bring the album along and allow me to scan the postcards and post them on my blog for others to enjoy. Yesterday (08/20/21) they stopped by just about lunchtime with the album.

 I have scanned all the postcards in the order they appear in the album. I have skipped only two which were repeats. They are not therefore in chronological order. I have also scanned them at 200 dpi  and in color (even  though most of the postcards are in black & white) to preserve the actual color of the paper. Clicking on any postcards will present it in high-resolution for closer examination (better even than the original).

 I've also scanned both sides of every card so any accessory information would be preserved along with the view. Most were not mailed but those with notes to friends and family are included.

 A few are not of Bear Lake proper but of neighboring communities.
















































































































































[end]


No comments:

Post a Comment