Monday, October 25, 2021

Coconut Macaroons

  This has turned out to be a day of baking. I've been thinking about something coconut for some days now and I finally decided on macaroons. The recipe I used was one I've used before from All Recipes. Click here.


 I baked them the full 15 minutes as I like some of the coconut to get a little crispy. Shorter baking times will net a cookie that's more sticky.

 It's simple enough: just five ingredients.

 I bought an extra bag of shredded coconut because I had no idea how the contents of a bag converted to cups. It seems that 14 ounces is a standard size and that's just shy of five cups. Not quite  enough (though I doubt it matters).

 Also  the recipe calls for mixing by hand. I prefer not to do that.  A heavy tablespoon is sufficient for mixing but it does take some muscle-power. You certainly want the coconut evenly coated with the sweet milk and the vanilla flavoring.


 Because the mixture is so sticky, using an ice cream scoop to distribute the dough onto the cookie sheet is a great idea. That's what I usually do with all cookies anyway.

 The recipe doesn't say how many cookies it makes (it says "12 servings"; what's that?). I got 28 cookies out of the recipe.

 I'm sure chocolate chip is still our favorite but variety is important. And these are great cookies.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment