Thursday, June 22, 2023

We Welcome Parker Home

  Yesterday morning Tom and I both received a Facebook notification from our friend, Gail Parker. She said the exact dog we've been looking for was available. These are the two pictures posted by the breeder in Covington, Ohio ...

Credit: Teresa Taylor

 The female schnauzer was just over seven weeks old. Though a pup might have been a stretch for me - and I was against getting a dog at the moment - I went along with Tom to see her and it was love at first sight. How could I leave that sweet face behind?

 The puppy was born April 29, 2023 to Kalee (sire) and Boaz (dam). She was assigned AKC # RN39293402.

 Here's Tom holding her for the first time:



 We arrived home late yesterday (about 7 PM) with the pup ...



 She slept much of the way home on my lap. Tom drove. At first she whimpered a few times and seemed to realize she was leaving her mother and brothers but soon settled down.



 Here she is in the house for the first time. We quickly found our spots on the sofa.


 And I suppose that'll be our favorite spot for many years to come.

 I went to bed last night about 10:30 PM and Tom suggested I take her upstairs with me and see whether she'd sleep in the bed. She seemed to find a spot between our two pillows to suit her and she was soon fast asleep. Tom came to bed at 1 AM but she barely stirred.

 I got up with her at 3 AM to see if she needed to potty. She did. On the floor. I cleaned that up, sat down with her a while on the sofa and then headed back to bed.

 This morning  she seems rested and satisfied.


 And so a new future begins ...







No comments:

Post a Comment