Saturday, October 1, 2022

Autumn Walks

  I walk in the morning most days when the weather isn't too bad. And even then I walk with an umbrella if possible, I probably haven't missed more than a couple of days all summer. Winter will be the test of my dedication. But for now the sights on my neighbor's third of a mile long lane is enough to keep me interested.

09-02-22

 This young deer is often  standing beside the corn field, apparently eating until I arrive. And then she stands and watches as I pass. I see her legs tense up as though she's getting  ready to run but even when she does she doesn't go far. Either the corn is too tempting or I  am not scary enough.

09-10-22

 One Saturday morning I had to walk earlier than usual because we were joining my brother for breakfast at 7:30 AM. I walked in the moonlight. It was a bit eerie but there's no one else around so  I just enjoyed the quiet stillness of the early morning.



09-13-22

 When I walk - usually I begin about 7:45 AM - the sun is almost lining up with the lane as it moves south in September.

09-15-22

 I often see this mother and daughter together.

09-15-22

09-20-22

09-26-22

09-30-22

10-01-22

 What was once Hurricane Ian has come close enough to us to stream clouds into our area (but not rain) so my walk this morning was increasingly overcast.

Panorama -  10-01-22

 This panorama shows my entire view. You can see both in front of me (center)  and behind me (left and right). I've been walking in this lane for many years and appreciate that the neighbor allows me to take my daily exercise here.



No comments:

Post a Comment