Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Derecho?

  They're rare but the NWS is now calling what I thought we had a derecho.

Credit: WHIO Dayton Nick Dunn

 But the official word is that the derecho did not make it to Ohio. I find that hard to believe.

Tuesday, 08-11-26: We traveled to Mason and I watched radar while we were there. There was no doubt something major was already in the Dayton area and moving south towards us. Later the radar app I use in my car was showing this:

08-11-26 2:52 pm

 And here's what the view out the windshield looked like:

08-11-26 2:42 pm

08-11-26 2:42 pm

 This looks like a shelf cloud to me and it's the leading edge of the cluster of storms which is mowing SE.



 The rain gauge read 1.52" at 7 am (08-12-26). That brings the month up to 6.71". Normal for August is 3.08".









No comments:

Post a Comment