Friday, February 3, 2017

Apple Dumplings

 Every now and then I get hungry for homemade apple dumplings. They were a regular treat when Bob and I were kids. I loved the homemade dough, the tart apples, the cinnamon and nutmeg, the bright red sauce.

I've made them myself but I found I had forgotten how to place the sliced apples inside and how to fold the dough around them, how to crimp the edges.



 The dough is rolled out into a 12 x 18" piece and then cut into six rectangular pieces.


 Mom places five or six slices of apple on one section of dough and then we add sugar and cinnamon and fold the dough over, crimping the edges.


 They're a little oddly-shaped but that is the meaning of homemade, isn't it?. There's nothing perfect about them, other than  the taste.


 Here's the pan coming out of the oven. I'll have one for supper but Mom's already had hers. She said they were just right.




No comments:

Post a Comment