Monday, June 5, 2017

Tiffany Glass at the Cincinnati Art Museum

 Tom and I visited the Cincinnati Art Museum on Saturday for their special exhibition "Tiffany Glass: Painting with Color and Light". The exhibit opened in April and will run through August 13.

 Here's a tour of my favorite pieces on display in Gallery 123 - 125.



 A close-up detail of how the pieces of glass are joined.




 This display shows the different types of glass in use.



 Below is a close-up of the face alone ... painted on the glass. Hauntingly beautiful.



 This is Tiffany's famous wisteria lamp.






 And the equally famous dragonfly lamp. It was designed by Clara Driscoll.






 Men working in the Tiffany shop.


 These three lamps are forgeries. Though I read the description of why they were inferior to genuine Tiffany lamps, I thought each was quite good. I'd be proud to have any of them in my house.


... and a poinsettia shade that was bright and absolutely stunning.





No comments:

Post a Comment