Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Cheesy Zucchini Pie

 What to do with all the zucchini?

 I've been giving most of them away. Of course I've cooked my dinner with them a couple of times and Tom and I had a batch breaded and fried. But, still ... you can only eat so many zucchini.

 And all from one plant.

 Dorothy Bush, a friend in Cincinnati, suggested Cheesy Zucchini Pie. That's what she did with one of the zucchini's I sent to her via Tom. She liked the result and it sounded different enough that I thought I'd give it a try. The recipe is here.


This pie has no crust and is easy to put together. The hardest part is grating the zucchini. Make sure your wring it out before you use it. And the 10 ounces they suggest? We figured that was weight, not volume, and that seemed to work.


 The topping is a mixture of eggs, flour and cheese. It's light and browns nicely. I added a little broiler to get a golden brown top ... though it wasn't necessary.

 The taste? Well, zucchini is virtually tasteless so the main flavor is onions. I used onions from my garden and they are quite strong. The onions and the zucchini cook right in the pie and that sure makes this an easy project.

 Quite flavorful and something different. And a way to make use of the annual windfall of zucchini.






1 comment:

  1. I think the admin of this web site is genuinely working hard in favor of his site, for the reason that here
    every information is quality based data.

    ReplyDelete