Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Septic Pumped

 I should have read my own blog because it would have told me I last had the septic pumped just five years ago. All I could remember is when I had it pumped in 2011. Oddly, that was on the same date as today.

 Want to see what I said them? 2014 is here; 2011 is here.

 Tom and I dug down to the clean-out last Friday ...


 And we uncovered the concrete lid exactly a foot underground ...


 For future reference, it's 72" south of the wooden edge of the flower bed nearest the garage and then 58" due west from that point. This view is from the west (the long direction of the lid is north-south).

 Chuck Lee is no longer in business so I opted for Affordable Septic (937-475-9330) who Bob used in the past few years. Tim called last week and said he was  having truck trouble but that he'd be here "early next week". He called late yesterday and was here at 9:15 am this morning to begin work.




 He said the 1500 gallon tank wasn't really in need of pumping but as I had forgotten the date of the last service call, I told him to go ahead. He said with just two living here, I could handle a ten year cycle. It depends mostly on water usage (toilet flushing, laundry, dishes, the length and frequency of showers and baths) and chemical usage (they kill necessary bacteria in the leach beds and shorten the time).


 As he left, the truck snapped two limbs from the maple tree. They always hung too low so I'm happy to be rid of them. Only now I have to get out a ladder and a chain saw, make clean cuts and take them down.

 So, I expect I won't need another service call until 2029. I'll be 80 and I doubt I'll much care.





No comments:

Post a Comment