Friday, September 18, 2020

Apple Cider Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream

  It seemed like the perfect time to try this new recipe. I've been wanting apple cider anyway so when I came across this recipe I had another excuse to buy a carton.

 The recipe is here.

 I have only a few comments about the recipe:

a. I had to bake mine for 21 minutes.

b. I used salted butter and margarine and skipped the addition of salt.

c. I'd say the recipe for frosting makes easily double what you need. Look at the picture above. I piled the icing on thickly. I saved half for some future project.

d. How does it "serve 15-17" when it makes just a dozen cupcakes? Use all the batter in an even dozen for normally-sized cupcakes.


 When the cupcakes came out of the oven they had tiny craters on top. I'm not sure  what that's all about but it's actually nice. The indentations hold onto the icing.

 I'm always making my applesauce-raisin cupcakes. This is a nice variation that makes use of the apple flavoring in another way. They seem perfect-made for the fall season.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment