Saturday, October 28, 2023

Creamy Cheesecake

  I'm all out of desserts so I decided on cheesecake this time. I didn't want a huge cake - not one that would fill my springform pan - but I wondered if there was a  recipe for something simple, something that might go in a prepared graham cracker crust?

 This one seemed to fit the bill.


 It couldn't be any easier. Just  six ingredients if you count the lemon  zest. In fact I had three limes  in the refrigerator  and went that route instead.



 It makes a lovely cheesecake and one which fills a 9" graham cracker crust to the very top.


 Tom  and I both love blueberry so I bought that type of pie filling for topping. It really doesn't  need anything but the contrast - both for the taste and visual appeal - is a  real plus. Cherry would be great, too. What wouldn't?

 I cut the pie into eight pieces instead of the usual six. Cheesecake is extremely rich and the smaller pieces are plenty. It's noted as being 281 calories but I don't know what size slice that's for.

 I'll have to remember this recipe when I want a quick cheesecake  that's as good as any.




No comments:

Post a Comment