Monday, April 2, 2018

Clara Buhler

 Over the past few years, Tom and I have had the pleasure of visiting his step-mother, Clara Buhler at the Oak Grove Health Care Center in Deshler, Ohio. She had her 101st birthday this past November. Clara died on March 27 so Tom and I made the second trip in five days for her funeral (we visited on March 25).

 Here's two pictures I took on recent visits:

October 9, 2105 

November 19, 2016

I am thankful that I got to meet her. Likewise I'm happy that Tom was able to meet my own mother.










 Flowers sent by John and Tina Buhler
Woodlawn Cemetery - Deshler, Ohio
Just preceding Interment 

Clara's casket following the ceremony 

Bill (l) and Tom at the reception following the funeral

 I have to make mention of the excellent eulogy delivered by Rev. Ruth Carter-Crist. She researched Clara's life story with family members and made a presentation that was very personal, hardly the boiler-plate services we often endure.





1 comment:

  1. Bill, I just saw this - pls pay my respects to Tom. There are some parts of life you really wish you did not have in common - recent losses of mothers being one of those. Yet, you totally understand each others sorrow. The positive of both mothers - was their long lives on earth. What a blessing. Tell Tom I said some prayers for his comfort and peace. Love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete