Monday, May 21, 2018

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - All The Rest

 My purpose at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame was to immerse myself in Beatles memorabilia. Nothing else interests me as much. But we saw every display - some multiple times - and I recorded a few highlights with pictures. Of course they barely scratch the surface.

 If you've not read the previous two blogs about the RRHF, click here and here. Then continue below ...



 Elvis has a prominent place at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ...


 This is Elvis's custom motorcycle ...


 And Elvis's gold suit ...


 The actual Hall of Fame occupies its own area ...


 Naturally I was interested in the Beatles induction in 1988. Click here for more information.


 And Paul McCartney's solo induction in 1999. Click here for more information. And to see a video of his acceptance speech click here.



 As you leave the second floor of the RRHF you become sort of a captive audience in their gift shop. Of course Tom loves to shop (me not so much).


 This red and black mural is high on one wall of the gift shop.


 Naturally I was drawn to the image of Ringo and Paul ...


 Before stepping back outside, I took a final look at the massive entrance to the RRHF. The "hot dog" was used at a Phish concert. Frankly, it's seen better days.


 Various items used in concerts hang from the ceiling.


 Blue lights lead you into the museum first exhibit on the lower level ...



 So, two great days in Cleveland. It was well worth the trip and every minute spent there.







No comments:

Post a Comment