Sunday, July 21, 2019

Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie

 Jim, my barber, gave me one solution to all the zucchini I'll probably be harvesting this summer: an Italian "pie".

 I made it into more of a casserole (because I don't have a 10" pie pan) but the idea is the same.


 The zucchini/onion mixture is delicious with all the Italian seasonings. I think it would be equally good with potatoes. Tom said the recipe could serve as a vegetable pot pie and that essentially is what it is. A coupe of negatives: it is hard to serve (even with a flat serving spoon) and I found the crescent roll dough on  the bottom to be a big soggy.

 I added about a minute of the broiler on high to brown the dough on the sides but it really wasn't necessary.

 All in all, it's a good way to use up zucchini and that was the purpose after all.

 Here's Jim's hand-written recipe:







1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one these days.

    ReplyDelete