Saturday, February 25, 2023

Coffee Ring again

  When we stopped at the grocery yesterday (actually two) and I picked up a  jar of maraschino cherries, one thing was sure: I was going to make a Coffee Ring.

 And while it turned out well, both Bob and Tom called it "a little too dry". I blame my oven running a bit hotter than it's set (and the rear of the oven is hotter than the front which adds a further complication). I, in fact, set the oven timer for the shorter baking  time. But next time I'll have to adjust it even further.


 We ate half the coffee ring while playing our usual  Saturday morning cards. I packaged some to share and put the last three slices in our refrigerator for our use later. It makes a large ring.


 In the future I'm going to try making three "logs". I'll roll it out per instructions and then, rather  than form it into a ring, I'll cut it into three logs that will fit on the cookie sheet better. I'll still cut the log into sections so they flare open and show their cinnamon interior. I suppose that will cut the baking time even further. The same could be done with individual rolls ... but why make more work when they'll all taste the same?


 Here's the ring after the first rise. The dough is very delicate and light as air.

 My previous blog entry with the full recipe and instructions can  be found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment