Thursday, November 30, 2023

Gingerbread

  I was going to make a batch of gingerbread muffins yesterday but I found I didn't have enough cupcake liners so I poured the batter into a 9x13" cake pan. The batter appeared very liquid to me and transferring it to a cupcake pan seemed messy. But the cake baked well (though it took 50 minutes rather than the 28-30 minutes suggested for muffins).

The recipe is here.


 I'm mostly to blame for not checking my supplies ahead of time. I also didn't realize the recipe made 21 muffins rather than  the usual dozen. Reading the instructions was never at the top of my list. Live and learn.


 The cake rose beautifully ... nice and high and even  Tom said it was much more "airy"  than other gingerbreads he's eaten.

 I have to admit, too, that I just poured all the ingredients (except the  flour) together and mixed them with a spoon (followed with a whisk). I see no reason to make it more difficult than it needs to be.


 Gingerbread is great with whipped cream. And I'll also serve some slices with just a  dusting of powdered sugar. Icing would be another nice addition I may try in the future.

 Perfect seasonal timing.






No comments:

Post a Comment