Saturday, April 23, 2022

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

  My supply of homemade bread was all but gone so I knew I either had to add bread to tomorrow's grocery list or make more of my own. I had time yesterday and thought I'd make a  recipe labeled Soft Cinnamon Swirl Bread. I no longer find it listed on Taste of Home but another recipe - minus the "Soft" - is identical.

 The new recipe can be found here.


 I preferred how the original recipe separated ingredients for the bread and for the Cinnamon-sugar swirl. But it's all here just the same.

 The dough was stiff enough (even with using just 5-1/2 cups of flour) that it was difficult to roll it into two 18" x 8" rectangles. So the swirls were more concentrated, I'm sure it tastes just the  same, though.


 For once I managed two  fairly equal-sized loaves. They browned beautifully in half an hour. I generally tap on the tops and if they return a hollow sound, they're done. Of course the perfect browning of the crust is a give-away,  too.

 I prefer making bread by hand vs. using a bread maker. I love the feel of dough and I can generally tell how well it's coming along just by touch.

 The taste? Delicious, of course.


Later [05/04/22]: I've been eating one loaf and froze the other. Now that I've sliced it I see that it's the prettier of the two. Have a look ...






No comments:

Post a Comment