Sunday, April 17, 2022

Homemade Vanilla Pudding

  When I was at the grocery on Friday I picked up a small carton of red raspberries to serve with the Panna Cotta I made a few days ago. The only trouble was, I had forgotten that we finished the Panna Cotta, So what to do?

 I have some commercial rice pudding in the refrigerator but when I offer it to Tom he always declines.

 How about I make some vanilla pudding? I found a recipe for Homemade  Vanilla Pudding at Allrecipes.com.  Click here for the link.


 I probably made two mistakes. First, I had leftover heavy cream from the Panna Cotta  and wanted to use it so rather than all milk I used about 1-3/4 cups of the heavy cream and rounded out the two cups with milk. Of course that was a bit rich and it was certainly thicker than needed.

 I also went ahead and added a little more than the three tablespoons of corn starch because I knew I wanted the pudding to  set up well.

 I did. Too well.

 Other than the  pudding being quite a bit more stiff that I'd have liked, it's quite good. Next time I'll use just regular milk and limit my use of the corn starch.

 This recipe seems to me to perfect for modification of the basic flavor. A little butterscotch flavoring would be great as would the addition of cocoa. And what about adding instant coffee? Those are suggestions I'll try in the near future.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment