Friday, March 19, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

I'm getting a little old for an Easter Egg Hunt, don't you think?
Well, let me tell you a little story. When I was a kid, there were three things I wanted to do that I never managed. The first was to hunt Indian arrowheads with my grandpa; the second was to climb the steeple at the Lutheran Church in Miamisburg; and the third was to take part in the Easter Egg hunt at Mound Golf Course.
Three little things, all never done. Until now. Change the count to two.


Here I sit with four Easter eggs which Mom hid this morning while I was working on a newspaper story. She dyed them last evening while I attended a meeting. We had only green dye so she managed a rosy-shaded egg with beet juice and a nice shade of earth-brown with tea.
She and Dad were laughing when I came down the stairs with my story to be edited. "You'll have your Easter Egg hunt this year," Mom said. She said she hid four eggs: one in the kitchen, one in the dining room and two in the living room.
I found the first when I tried to put my shoes on to go out and get the mail. The egg was pushed deeply into the right athletic shoe, right up to the toe. The kitchen egg was behind Ginger's treat container. One of the eggs in the living room was beneath Dad's bed and the other was nestled near the fireplace.
Well, I've had my hunt. Two to go.