Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hunan House Buffet (again)

 Yesterday was Tom's choice for lunch and he picked "that Chinese buffet in Miamisburg". I had first suggested the Golden Corral but he said he'd rather go somewhere else. Tom has had Mediterranean fare twice in the past week so he seems to be on a foreign-food roll.

 Of course I enjoyed the Hunan House Buffet when we were there before so I was happy to go again. Their $6.75 all-you-can-eat buffet really can't be beat. The selection is truly remarkable.


 I piled my plate with veggie favorites. They keep plain white rice hot in an electric cooker at the rear of the buffet area and I had a generous helping of that, I also scooped a selection of hot vegetables (broccoli, corn, carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts and celery) and a few vegetable rolls. Their egg rolls - sadly -all contained meat.

 I went back and had a second helping of the same thing,



 The desserts are incredible: tiny cakes, bananas with a sweet red sauce, puddings, Jello, ice cream and a variety of tiny cakes. On my second trip I took a slice of tiramisu, a cake with a strong coating of coffee. Delicious!


 Tom came up for air long enough for me to shoot this picture. I wasn't sure he was breathing.


 And myself, taking a short break.
 Here's my fortune cookie.

 The Hunan House Buffet is located at the Miamisburg Plaza Shopping Center. Click here for more information. Highly  recommended.





No comments:

Post a Comment