This cake appears on so many websites - some without coconut - that it hardly seems a copyrighted recipe at this point. So I'll list the ingredients and make a few notes.
2 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-20 ounce can crushed pineapple (with juice)
1 stick margarine (1/2 cup)
1 cup sugar
1-5 ounce can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Mix cake ingredients; pour into 13 x 9" greased baking pan; bake at 350° for 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
2. Heat butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a saucepan for frosting
3. Boil several minutes - Careful: it can foam and boil over!
4. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans
5. Remove cake and poke holes for frosting to run into cake
6. Pour frosting over cake; spread out evenly with a spoon.
... and here's what it looks like in progress:
Dry cake ingredients mixed
Cake batter poured into a pan, ready for baking
Making the frosting, sans coconut and pecans
The cake's just out of the oven
Poking holes (I used a caramel apple stick)
The finished cake, frosting in place
Pretty easy and pretty delicious but hardly "do nothing".