Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pecan Cheesecake Squares

 Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and though we'll eat out this year, we'll come back to Pinehaven, play cards, drink beer and eat pecan cheesecake.

 I saw this recipe some time ago on Facebook and printed it. I've never heard of Pecan Cheesecake Squares before. It's a three-layer process and it takes some oven time with each layer. That's actually a good thing: I was always working on the next layer while the last one baked.

 The recipe is on a website called Positively Splendid. Click here for full details.

 The bottom layer of this lovely dessert is shortbread. In the middle is cheesecake. And on top is pecan pie. What's not to love about any of the three? And combined they're triply good.


 Here's how it looks right out of the oven. I made just half a recipe. How about coming up with 0.375 cup of brown sugar? Well, I estimated that but I think I hit it pretty close.


 The top of the dessert looks exactly like a pecan pie because that's what it is.I love the way it cracks open a little and the wonderful sweet filling shows through.


 Scooping out a "taste test" slice: It's perfect ... and still warm. The cream cheese in the middle is wonderful that way, soft and with a hint of vanilla.


 Looking head-on into a slice you can see the three layers. The recipe takes some time but it certainly isn't hard.
 Tomorrow Mom and I will be joined by Bob and Tom. The dessert is ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment