Sunday, August 9, 2015

127 Yard Sale

 Sometimes our schedules just work to our advantage. It was my turn to visit Tom and, on August 8, it was also the date for the 127 Yard Sale. It runs from Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama, 690 miles this year. The annual sale runs August 6-9.

 Tom lives on Hamilton Avenue (Route 127) in Northside (Cincinnati).

 So, on the agenda was a walk-through Tom's neighborhood where we could nose through the garage sale items.



Many of the booths were set up on Hoffner Street, closed to traffic for their Northside Community Garage Sale and Art Market. The community hosts "Second Saturday" events in the summer.
 I figured I'd have parking problems but I pulled in near my usual spot on Knowlton Street.


 In front of Tom's apartment, a city bus passed by.


 We turned the corner onto Hoffner and found a block of garage sale items. It wasn't crowded, though, and Tom said the turn-out was less than previous years. We later drove around the neighborhood and came to the same conclusion.



 Amy Devers - furniture designer, carpenter, television personality, and design blogger" - was there with her Krylon Crew. Devers is host of A&E's Fix This Yard, Victory Garden's edibleFEAST on PBS and a designer/carpentry expert on  OWN's Home Made Simple.


 Tom and I happened to walk by a sale booth when the group was filming a segment and we were both asked to sign releases. Here's Tom (left side of frame) signing the release ...


 I signed form #24 and the gal (the one just right of Tom in this shot) who asked us to sign took a picture of us holding our forms so the number could be associated with out faces. Interesting day!


 This is Dever's Krylon van. Krylon sponsors "The World's Longest Garage Sale". Read about this by clicking here.


 One shop on Knowlton Street had their wares stacked throughout the building. I just missed two telescopes which a guy was paying for when I turned the corner. The reflector would have been perfect for me.

 A warm, humid day ... and a little tiring from all the walking, but fun just the same. It was certainly something different.




18 comments:

  1. When some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she wishes
    to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained
    over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a collection of volunteers and starting
    a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog
    provided us beneficial information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I simply wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have right here on this post.
    I am returning to your website for more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up to every one, the contents existing
    at this web site are really amazing for people knowledge,
    well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specially the last part :
    ) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be finish of mine day, but before finish I am reading this enormous article to improve my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. continuously i used to read smaller articles that
    as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of
    writing which I am reading at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing designed for me to have a website, which is useful in support of
    my know-how. thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome weblog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made running a blog look easy. The entire look of your site is magnificent, let alone the content material!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and the rest
    of the website is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?

    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my
    website thus i got here to go back the choose?.I'm trying to to find things to improve my web site!I guess its adequate to make use of
    some of your concepts!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I quite like looking through a post that can make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you, However I am experiencing difficulties with your RSS.
    I don't understand why I am unable to join it.
    Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues?
    Anyone that knows the answer will you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.
    I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new
    updates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is one of the most important information for
    me. And i'm glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things,
    The site style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to my father who told me concerning this blog, this web site is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete