Thursday, August 20, 2015

Zucchini Nut Bread

 Two zucchini posts in a row? It'll take a hundred to make use of all the zucchini.

 Mom and I join our two cousins - Shirley Cluxton and Lois Masters - once a month for lunch. It's a good time to catch up on family happenings. And for years, every now and then, Lois would whisper to me while we were eating, "I have something for you in the car."

 As often as not, it'd be her homemade zucchini bread. I love the stuff. It's sweet and moist. But I've never made it and I've never asked for the recipe. Until this week. I told her we were inundated with zucchini as I took her another one (she's my number one person who will always accept a few). How about sharing that wonderful recipe?



 Wednesday, when we met for lunch, she gave me the recipe. Here it is:


[Click on either page to enlarge it]

 So, recipe in hand, I decided today was the day to give it a try.

2 cups of grated zucchini 

The liquids are mixed

The dry ingredients are ready to be stirred 

And now the two - liquid and dry - are combined
Walnuts and raisins are added, too 

The mixture is divided between two greased loaf pans

An hour later, they're ready to come out of the oven 

Cooling on the counter ... 

And enjoying the first slice

Before I go, here is the cause of all of this summer's zucchini bread, zucchini fritters, zucchini casserole and plain 'ol fried zucchini ...


See that bloom? The next zucchini's on the way!





No comments:

Post a Comment